Ladies Ministries supports our church through monthly prayer, Bible study, serving, and giving.
Bible Study Theme
THEY WERE WOMEN, TOO
The Bible is so much more than a compilation of genealogies, prophecies and laws. It is the story of the most important relationship in the world, the one between God and His people. The setting of this story moves from Paradise to a fallen world and then culminates in heaven itself. It reveals what was, what is, and what will be. As the story unfolds, it exposes the nature of our deepest problems and the roots of our worst sufferings. Through its various characters, we recognize the tug-of-war that takes place in our own souls as we struggle to respond to God.
Although we are familiar with many of the Bible’s most noteworthy men, many of us would fail to recognize most of the women. We know how the men fit into the story of salvation, but what of the women? What do their stories tell us about God’s love and our own response to Him?
This year’s series of lessons will focus on eight women in Scripture, some prominent and others not so prominent. We will be focusing on women whose struggles to live with faith and courage are not unlike our own. Far from being cardboard characters, these women encourage us through their failures as well as their successes. We’ll see how God acted in surprising and wonderful ways to draw them – and us – to Himself. These lessons are designed to help us appreciate the story of God’s unrelenting love for His people, offering a fresh perspective that will nourish and strengthen our personal communion with Him.
We invite you to join us!
At our monthly meetings you can expect:
+ to be included (you belong here)
+ to receive grace (no one is perfect)
+ to be encouraged (by God’s Word and God’s family)
+ to be instructed in wise living (God’s Word is our lifeline)
The Apostolic Church of Enfield Ladies Ministries exists to equip women
- to learn skill in godly living from God’s Word,
- to lead in doing good works within their God-given spheres,
- to love those in their families as directed in Titus 2:3-5,
- to reach out to those who are lost at home and abroad
through planned meetings and events at the local church,
- sharing fellowship,
- giving praise to God,
- studying God’s Word,
- and motivating each other to love and good works
- each woman knows she is valued by God and is changed,
- the family is strengthened,
- the church remains spiritually healthy,
- a legacy is left to our children,
- and God is glorified.
We value the study of the Bible.
Ladies Ministries focuses on God’s Word.
- Our responsibility is to bring women to an understanding of God’s Word.
- Any role we take is secondary to godly character, which is shaped by God’s Word.
- Any personal growth is a result of applying God’s truth to our lives.
We adopt and obey Biblical principles.
Ladies Ministries is concerned about timeless principles that form people. The mandates of Scripture determine whose we are and what we become.
God’s truths are revealed to us across centuries.
God’s truths are established to be understood and obeyed by this generation.
We value the presence of God with us through prayer and praise.
Ladies Ministries is fueled by intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ more than information about Him.
- We pray because we believe God hears us and answers prayer.
- We pray as individuals, calling out to God to bless us.
- We pray together united in focused prayer.
- We pray for each other.
- We praise God for what He is doing.
We value spiritual gifts and creativity that invest for eternity.
Ladies Ministries encourages the use of every spiritual gift within this local church.
- We respect authority in the church and take responsibililty for our behavior.
- We use our gifts in the local church for the edification and common good of the body of Christ.
- We are not afraid to speak biblically and insist that our expressions clearly reflect God’s truth.
- We provide a place in the local church to equip women for living life with skill and godly poise.
We value generosity in serving and in giving.
Ladies Ministries encourages women to practice the generous use of time, talent, and monies they possess for God’s eternal purposes
- We share with those within the local church.
- We share with those who have less than we have.
- We share out of our resources given to us by God.
We value encourage the serving of others.
Ladies Ministries is a place where learners belong and the learned serve. We are more than a social club.
- We are aware of the needs of others.
- We are concerned that outsiders are brought in (we are not exclusive) and insiders stay, ready to serve.
- We support those who serve in missions at home and around the world.
- We commit to nurture and nourish women for God’s glory and their good.
We value grace.
Ladies Ministries functions best when individuals judge their own motives first and then offer grace to others.
- We go regularly to the cross for forgiveness and cleansing. Daily repentance is an essential part of our lives.
- We gladly offer the grace of God knowing the stronger must come to the aid of the weaker because the weaker cannot help herself.
- We offer grace freely to those we serve, uncritically and generously.
We value the daily expression of acts of kindness and regular obedience.
Ladies Ministries is lifestyle oriented more than event oriented.
- We practice a lifestyle of discipleship: Matthew 28:18-20 / the Great Commission (a lifestyle of “making disciples”).
- We practice a lifestyle of Christian love: John 15:12 / the Great Commandment (a lifestyle of “loving the brethren”).
- We practice a lifestyle of evangelism: Acts 1:8 / the Great Charge (a lifestyle of “bearing witness”).
- We practice a lifestyle of dependence: Ephesians 5:18 / the Great Companion (a lifestyle of “being filled with the Spirit”).
- We practice a lifestyle of godly and responsible living: Titus 2:1-5 / the Great Concern (a lifestyle that “leaves a spiritual legacy” by investing in the next generation).