We Follow God’s Ways
Almighty God has provided a simple plan of salvation that was preached by the Apostle Peter in Acts 2:36-47.
1. Acceptance and confession of the truth that Jesus Christ is the One and Only Lord God Almighty incarnate to be our Savior (He is both The Deity and also Human).
Acts 2:36-37A, Isaiah 43:10-12, John 8:19-24, Colossians 2:8-10, Acts 4:10-12
2. Recognition of one’s fallen, sinful condition.
Acts 2:37B, Jeremiah 17:9, John 3:19-21, 1 John 1:8-10, Acts 7:51-53
3. Sincere seeking after the will of God for one’s own life.
Acts 2:37C, Isaiah 55:6, John 5:39, Hebrews 11:6, Acts 17:27
Acts 2:38A, Ezekiel 14:6-8, Luke 13:3, 2 Corinthians 7:10, Acts 26:20
5. Baptism by immersion in water in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
Acts 2:38B, Isaiah 1:16-18, Luke 24:45-48, Hebrews 10:17-18,Acts 10:43
6. Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
Acts 2:38C-39, Joel 2:28-29, John 20:22, Ephesians 5:18, Acts 19:5-6
7. Living a life of Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord, which includes abiding by the standards of righteousness established by the Pastor of this congregation.
Acts 2:40-46A, Ezekiel 36:27-28, John 15:1-17, 2 John 9-12, Acts 11:22-26
8. And Being a faithful witness unto the Lord as He enables.
Acts 2:46B-47, Isaiah 44:6-8, Matthew 10:24-27, I Thessalonians 1:5-10, Acts 1:8
This is the Fundamental Doctrine Statement of the Apostolic Church of Enfield, Inc.
the Foundations of Life Worldwide Ministry.
The Way We Worship
Praise is extolling the Lord for His mighty acts. Worship is adoring Him for Who He is! The Lord is seeking people who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. He has warned that true worship can only be worship in Spirit and in Truth. It is vital to maintain both Apostolic Doctrine and Apostolic Worship. The Holy Bible is our guide for spiritual worship.
We praise the Lord and pray aloud together!
(Acts 4:24; Luke 19:37; Psalm 126:2; Psalm 132:9.)
We lift our hands in honoring and praising the Lord!
( Psalm 134:2; Psalm 141:2; Lamentations 3:41; 1 Timothy 2:8.)
We enjoy clapping our hands while singing, and may use a variety of musical instruments!
( Psalm 47:1; Psalm 68:25; Psalm 98:4-6.)
We often share testimonies of how wonderful Jesus is to us!
(Psalm 26:6-7; Psalm 66:1; Psalm 107:1-2.)
We believe in anointing with oil and laying on of hands, for healing, to assist in receiving the Holy Spirit, and for blessing and consecration!
( James 5:14; Hebrews 6:1-2; Mark 16:18; Acts 19:6; 1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6.)
We are grateful for the operation of the gifts of the Spirit, especially for anointed preaching and teaching of God’s Word!
( 1 Corinthians 12:11; Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-16.)